Saturday, November 29, 2008

Siginificant Postings

I hope my postings caught someone's eye and useful information was discovered. For my postings, the most useful post is Science - Virtual Field Trips. Teachers looking for technology integration for science will find that virtual field trips are the way to go. You don't have to have school or parent permission, you don't have to arrange transportation, you don't have to worry about the weather. From student blogs, I would pick Jack Reece's entire blog. If you haven't ready any of Jack's blog, you are missing a treat. The name of his blog is "Wildcat Drafting" - now I just thought that was Jack's self-description, but I believe the Wildcats are actually the mascot for his school. After you read some of his postings and his blog, you may come to the same conclusion I have about the name of his blog. Another blogger you should check out is Jennifer Hutcheson's blog, The Nerd Lounge. One posting subject that was of particular interest and use was Jennifer's excellent coverage of her GAETC experience. Please take the time to check out this and other of Jennifer's postings.

1 comment:

"Tabasco Jack" Reece said...

Well, Thank you for the kind words. Yes, we are the Wheeler Wildcats. When I registered a domain for my drafting website, I chose wildcatdrafting since it would be easy for the students to remember. I just carried that forward to the blog since I thought I might use that in class also. Then there's the wiki....

JR