I hope my subject postings have been helpful. This posting will be devoted to the library. While library and media services aren't a subject per se, they are vital to the success of your school, your students and ultimately, YOU. There are many technololgy tools that are currently used in libraries, such as electronic card catalogs, bar-code book inventory system; well, I'm sure you know more about that than I do. But have you considered how technology can help promote your library? Here are a few ideas:
a) Create a web page linked to your school's website
b) Create a library blog - check out this
article for some ideas of using a blog for your library. While this article is geared to public libraries, the concepts can be adapted for a school library.
c) Use your school's web site calendar to advertise book fairs, special library events, such as donations, birthday books, new arrivals, etc.
Need more ideas - visit
school-libraries.net to see library web pages from around the corner and around the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment