At the current time, I don't have "a practice" to use a blog, other than my
personal blog, but I do feel that when I am in a school setting, if the application is appropriate, I will use a blog.
I don't forsee myself in a self-contained classroom, but rather in a resource or tech coordinator position and in that capacity, I would show others how to create and use a blog, both in the classroom and as an external classroom communication too.
I think a blog is an excellent forum for sharing classroom information, posting important class assignments, beginning or continuing a class discussion. Blogs can also be a "taught" part of the classroom experience - teaching students how to set up their own blog - even though most of them are probably familiar with the concept through social networking sites such as FaceBook or MySpace. A blog can also be created for a special project, such as book discussion or group project. Once the project or discussion is finished, the blog can be just as easily suspended. Follow the
link to check out some existing school blog uses. Feel free to share your blog ideas in "comments".
No comments:
Post a Comment