For the remainder of class, I would like to focus on subject area and content for my posts. Each week, I will find what I hope will be helpful tools and resources for your subject areas. For my first "subject" week, I am concentrating on Science (for my classmate, Dianne). I picked the Resource Center from the National Health Museaum. There are many cool "field trips" you can take, but be sure to check out the Nobel Prize site, and if you really want to be prepared for "real world" opportunities, you won't want to miss "Open Heart Transplant in 19 Steps" !! Please be sure to share your science finds in your comments. Sharing is our best resource of all.
3 comments:
Alice, I think I'll share this site with our science teachers. It'll make a lessons, especially if it's broadcast through an lcd projector onto a big screen, that middle schoolers won't forget. This site also, I think, shows how TV or film media is being transformed into Internet media. Pure Tv and movies, I guess, are really like dinosaurs on their way out. Thanks, RobertW
Science teachers with LCD projectors will find this site quite informative and interesting. There are so many websites that are integrating technology into math and science lessons which makes it a little easier for the teachers and more enjoyable for students.
I am also going to share this with our science teachers. I like the idea of "virtual" field trips, especially since real field trips (at least in our district) seem to be going the way of the dinosaurs.
Post a Comment