Are you a Google fan? Well, I am. Google is just plain cool and keeps coming up with new ways to make our lives easier.
TechSoup provides information on the latest and greatest in the technology world - information on new technology, tools, gadgets - you name it, they know about it. In the article linked in my post title, two great new tools are discussed - Google Notebook and Dabbleboard. The author of the article decided to "go paperless" and used
Google Notebook in place if his legal pad. Notebook, like all other Google products, can be shared with anyone for collaboration. All went well until he needed to "doodle" his organizational structures. Enter
Dabbleboard . The author preferred Dabbleboard to other online whiteboard products and Dabbleboard can be integrated with PowerPoint. Check out both of these technology helps and tell me what you think!!
4 comments:
I saw the same article this morning and decided to try the notebook function. So far, I've been placeing my AutocAD tips and tricks that are relevant to my students in a notebook. I get these from various blogs and newsletter, so it's a great way to compile the info together. I'll look at how to share it when I get some more pages together. So far, I like it.
JR
Another amazing piece of technology from the Internet blue. I've got to try it out - probably next week, after I finish our media center booksale. That brings up an interesting point, at least for media center types. We need time to deal with technology growth, but we're still doing a great deal of low tech things
(though the money we'll raise this week will go to purchase a desktop suitable for using with this sort of new technology). It's quite a mix, really. Thanks, RobertW
Alice,
Dabbleboard beta is just great fun!I've spent some time playing around with it.
Just like googledocs but this one is for visuals! Like an Inspiration graphic organizer, but a lot more sophisticated!
I like the fact that users can share (collaborate) in real time, that the software senses free hand drawn basic shapes and that drawings can be downloaded to other applications--and images from other applications can be uploaded and embedded with Dabbleboard. I can see lots of student use for this in science classes! Thanks! Diane
Thanks to you all for the posts and I'm glad that you have found the technology useful. It's fun to find the technology and even more fun have folks trying it out!
Post a Comment