As promised, I am posting "web finds" on one subject area per week. I can't remember if there are any math teachers (sole subject) in our class, but I know that several of you are grade-level teachers and hopefully these math helps will be useful or at least get you digging a little deeper.
Math was never my strongest subject (got a tutor in college - mainly because he was cute) but nonetheless, I knew when to ask for help. Here is a nifty site for tutoring called MathNerds. It offers free math help.
Other sites I found: coolmath.com; for all of you in the Atlanta area - Cobb County has a resource site, and a final find, just for teachers - Teach-nology, Math.
3 comments:
Alice, I like your posting for math teachers, simply because I think they're left out, to some degree, from the technology explosion - at least in terms of teaching technique. Math still might seem to be a little like a class in philosophy ( which it resembles, I think) and more about pure thinking than seeing and doing. These web sites point to something new, I believe , and help show how TI will include all subjects. Thanks, RobertW
Alice, Actually I wanted to comment on the blog posting from Penn State. Browsing through it, I realized that even the highest have day-to-day problems -as the first posting indicated about pdf files ( they seem pretty slick to me, but I'm sure I've overlooked something). I'll keep this for my web sites as school and share it with our administrators. Thanks, RobertW
I am not a Math teacher, but I will share this with our Math teachers.
Post a Comment